Google Analytics Tracker

Friday 5 July 2013

Wildlife Rescue Release

Talk about being at the right place at the right time!

Yesterday while I was out and about giving my friend a tour of my home town Richmond, we came across quite a sight.  We were walking around Finn's Slough when a couple of gentleman in a Westfalia pulled up.  They told us that they were there to release a Blue Heron back into the wild.  I was absolutely thrilled at the opportunity to experience such a happy moment.  Even more so, since I happened to have camera with me.

They came out carrying a large kennel and allowed us to have a peek inside.  Then, with a bit of coaxing and a lot of kennel tipping, the heron    Never in my life have I been so close to such a beautiful bird.  They have a very prehistoric like stature and deep yellow eyes.  This particular heron stood still for a good 5-10 minutes before it finally decided to take flight.  I took this as an opportunity for a little photoshoot.  What a treat!

Please enjoy :)

Speaking of strange encounters, this is a very "interesting" video that a friend and I came across.  This song Post is for her...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrUvu1mlWco

click on any photo to view entire album











































No comments:

Post a Comment